Online Criminology & Policing Program for Montreal Residents
Take advantage of a criminology program in Montreal that combines an Honours Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Policing. You can pursue criminology school in Montreal without any prior experience in law enforcement. With this online degree from a school of criminology in Montreal, many career options are made available particularly for those planning to work toward a leadership position in criminology. Exciting career options await following completion of this degree at a criminology university in Montreal, qualifying you for positions as a housing officer, addictions counsellor, policy analyst, child protection worker, social work, victim’s advocate and more.
About Our Online Montreal Honours BA in Criminology/Policing Program
- How Long: approximately 4 years
- How Much: dependent on credit transfers from previous training
- Focuses: Criminology, Communication in Policing, Psychology and Law Enforcement, Social Science Research, Mental Health and Justice, Media and Crime, Civil Unrest
Three terms of the online Combined Bachelor of Arts in Criminology/Policing begin in fall, winter and spring, which uses a 12-week term format for Montreal residents. Residents of Montreal may enroll in a maximum of three courses per term, and our flexible registration allows up to 17 months of lapsed time after enrolment. Students who complete two to three courses per term can earn their degrees in three to four years.
Our Online BA in Criminology/Policing Admissions Requirements
- No prior experience in law enforcement is needed
- Applicants must be permanent residents or citizens of Canada
- High school transfers: a secondary school diploma from within Canada with at least a mid-70s average, including university-level English at 60% or higher
- College transfers: 70% or higher overall average, with a minimum of 1 year completed in an academic college program
- University transfers: 67% or higher overall average, with a minimum of six months of study completed
- For high school, college, or university students with an international education background, all previous education must be assessed by World Education Services (WES)
After you apply, an admissions coordinator will evaluate your transcripts to provide an initial assessment. Your final assessment of transfer credits will be completed by the Admissions Committee once your file has been submitted for review.
The City of Montreal has an interesting hybrid character and style, with a North American-style downtown and trendy European neighbourhoods that have each developed with their own unique personalities. The formerly working class Plateau Mont-Royal neighbourhood has developed in its own right, and the Latin Quarter has been a popular meeting place for students since the 18th century. The centrally located Jean-Talon market features hundreds of artisans and vendors each summer, and Old Montreal retains a distinctive old-world flavour that appeals to residents and tourists alike. The city is dotted with many churches, including the Notre-Dame Basilica and St. Joseph’s Oratory.
Popular Sights in Montreal:
- Montreal Botanical Garden
- Mount Royal Park
- La Ronde Amusement Park
- Old Montreal
- Space for Life Garden & Planetarium
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
Our Online Programs:
- Online BA in Policing
- Online BA in Criminology and Policing
- Online Public Safety Programs