- The diploma can be completed fully online
- The first program of its kind in Canada
- Developed by public safety professionals
- Fast and flexible - get your diploma in one year
Learn more by downloading a curriculum guide.
The Laurier Graduate Diploma in National Security is the only program of its kind in Canada. Fast and flexible, the program can be completed in just over a year while you work. During the program, you’ll reinforce your foundation in public safety, focus on leadership and examine current events that are shaping the national security landscape in Canada and around the world.
- SAFE600: Public Safety in Canada (0.5 credits)
- SAFE601: Issues in Contemporary Public Safety (0.5 credits)
- SAFE606: International Rule of Law (0.5 credits)
- SAFE607: International Crime and Terrorism (0.5 credits)
To enter the online graduate diploma program, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements and submit the outlined paperwork:
- Have a B average (73%) in their last 5 full credits/10 half credits of a 3-year undergraduate degree and a minimum of 3 years of acceptable public safety related work experience OR 10 or more years of acceptable public safety related work experience
- Submit all transcripts from all universities or colleges attended
- Submit a resume
- Submit three reference letters (one must be a proof of employment experience letter)
For more information about the admissions process or your eligibility, speak with an Enrolment Advisor at 888.368.0345.
If you are interested in continuing your studies in the Master of Public Safety program upon completion of a graduate diploma program, you are eligible to receive up to 4 transfer credits, with the exception of the GIS and Data Analytics Graduate Diploma Program where you can receive up to 2 transfer credits.
Develop a global perspective and gain expertise in the national security issues and challenges facing Canada and the rest of the world. This diverse graduate diploma covers a number of areas, such as cybersecurity, preventing weapons acquisition, internal infrastructure and interdepartmental security communications. If you’re ready to progress in your current career or looking to change directions while building on your experience, a Graduate Diploma in National Security is a great way to gain the knowledge and credentials you’ll need to define your future.
To learn more about the program, download the curriculum guide.