Public Safety GIS and Data Analytics Program Curriculum
During the program, you’ll reinforce your foundation in public safety, focus on leadership and examine the current events that are shaping global implementation systems and data analytics related to intelligence and security in Canada and around the world.
Please note: This program is not a stream within the Master of Public Safety. Only SAFE600 and SAFE601 may be transferred towards the master’s program (upon admission).
- SAFE600: Public Safety in Canada (0.5 credits)
- SAFE601: Issues in Contemporary Public Safety (0.5 credits)
- SAFE614: Public Safety GIS and Data Analytics (0.5 credits)
- SAFE615: GIS, Crime Mapping and RTM (0.5 credits)
To apply for admission to the online graduate diploma program, applicants must meet the following requirements and submit the outlined paperwork:
- Have a B average (75%) in their last 5 full credits/10 half credits of a 4-year undergraduate degree; applicants who possess a 3-year undergraduate degree may be considered in exceptional circumstances (consult your Advisor for more information)
- Submit all transcripts from all universities or colleges attended
- Proof of employment letter (for applicants without a 4 yr. degree; to be submitted separately from the application form)
- Submit a resume
- Submit two reference letters
- Prepare a Statement of Intent
The graduate diplomas are currently not eligible for Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) or financial aid.
For more information about the admissions process or your eligibility, speak with an enrolment advisor at 888.368.0345.
If you are interested in continuing your studies in the Master of Public Safety program upon completion of a graduate diploma program, you are eligible to receive up to 2 transfer credits, with the exception of the Public Safety GIS and Data Analytics Graduate Diploma Program where you can receive up to 1 transfer credit.
Speak to an Enrolment Advisor
Careers and Outcomes
Gain expertise in working with geographic information systems and data analytics. Explore and assess how data can provide insights and be transformed into actionable intelligence information. If you’re ready to progress in your current career or looking to change directions while building on your experience, a Graduate Diploma in Public Safety GIS and Data Analytics is a great way to gain the knowledge and credentials you’ll need to define your future.
To learn more about the program, download the curriculum guide.