Why choose Laurier’s Graduate Diploma in Emergency Management?
- Developed by industry experienced public safety professionals
- The diploma can be completed fully online
- Earn your diploma in one year and prepare for emergency management jobs
- Designed to align with Public Safety Canada initiatives
Download the curriculum guide.
Developed by industry experienced public safety professionals and created to align with the current initiatives of Public Safety Canada. This 100% online program focuses on delivering practical knowledge that can be immediately applied in the office and in the field.
- SAFE600: Public Safety in Canada (0.5 credit)
- SAFE601: Issues in Contemporary Public Safety (0.5 credit)
- SAFE612: Interagency Disaster Management (0.5 credit)
- SAFE613: Emergency Management Planning (0.5 credit)
Careers and Outcomes in Emergency Management
To enter the online graduate diploma program, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements and submit the outlined paperwork:
- Have a B average (73%) in their last 5 full credits/10 half credits of a 3-year undergraduate degree and a minimum of 3 years of acceptable public safety related work experience OR 10 or more years of acceptable public safety related work experience
- Submit all transcripts from all universities or colleges attended (if applicable)
- Submit a resume
- Submit three reference letters (one must be a proof of employment experience letter)
For more information about the admissions process or your eligibility, speak with an enrolment advisor at 888.368.0345.
If you are interested in continuing your studies in the Master of Public Safety program upon completion of a graduate diploma program, you are eligible to receive up to 4 transfer credits, with the exception of the GIS and Data Analytics Graduate Diploma Program where you can receive up to 2 transfer credits.
During the program, you’ll reinforce your foundation in public safety, focus on leadership and examine current events that are shaping the emergency management landscape in Canada and around the world. Develop expertise in emergency services, emergency management planning, disaster preparedness, and position yourself to work in various emergency management jobs. If you’re ready to progress in your current career or looking to change directions while building on your experience, a Graduate Diploma in Emergency Management is a great way to gain the knowledge and credentials you’ll need to define your future.
To learn more, download the curriculum guide.