Countering Crime Program Curriculum
The Laurier Graduate Diploma in Countering Crime is the only program of its kind in Canada. Fast and flexible, the program can be completed in just over a year while you work.
- SAFE600: Public Safety in Canada (0.5 credits)
- SAFE601: Issues in Contemporary Public Safety (0.5 credits)
- SAFE610: Intelligence and Evidence-Based Decision Making (0.5 credits)
- SAFE611: Diverse Communities (0.5 credits)
To apply for admission to the online graduate diploma program, applicants must meet the following requirements and submit the outlined paperwork:
- Have a B average (73%) in their last 5 full credits/10 half credits of a 4-year undergraduate degree; applicants who possess a 3-year undergraduate degree may be considered in exceptional circumstances (consult your Advisor for more information)
- Submit all transcripts from all universities or colleges attended
- Proof of employment letter (for applicants without a 4 yr. degree; to be submitted separately from the application form)
- Submit a resume
- Submit two reference letters
The graduate diplomas are currently not eligible for Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) or financial aid.
For more information about the admissions process or your eligibility, speak with an enrolment advisor at 888.368.0345.
If you are interested in continuing your studies in the Master of Public Safety program upon completion of a graduate diploma program, you are eligible to receive up to 4 transfer credits, with the exception of the GIS and Data Analytics Graduate Diploma Program where you can receive up to 2 transfer credits.
Speak to an Enrolment Advisor
Careers and Outcomes
Develop expertise in the theories and issues driving crime prevention, law enforcement and rehabilitation practices in Canada. Prepare yourself for positions that focus on leading countering crime initiatives and preventing crime before it happens, such as law enforcement, intelligence analysis and more. If you’re ready to progress in your current career or looking to change directions while building on your experience, a Graduate Diploma in Countering Crime is the perfect way to gain the knowledge and credentials you’ll need to define your future.
To learn more about the program, download the curriculum guide.