Online Border Security Course Fast Facts
- The only program of its kind in Canada
- Fast and flexible - earn your diploma in just over one year
- 100% online program
- Developed by public safety professionals
Learn more by downloading a curriculum guide.
The Laurier Graduate Diploma in Border Strategies is the only program of its kind in Canada. Fast and flexible, the program can be completed in just over a year while you work. During the program you’ll reinforce your foundation in public safety, focus on leadership and examine the current events that are shaping border strategies in Canada and around the world.
- SAFE600: Public Safety in Canada (0.5 credits)
- SAFE601: Issues in Contemporary Public Safety (0.5 credits)
- SAFE608: Beyond the Border (0.5 credits)
- SAFE609: Immigration and Border Security (0.5 credits)
To view the entire course list, get your curriculum guide now.
To enter the online graduate diploma program, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements and submit the outlined paperwork:
- Have a B average (73%) in their last 5 full credits/10 half credits of a 3-year undergraduate degree and a minimum of 3 years of acceptable public safety related work experience OR 10 or more years of acceptable public safety related work experience in a mid to senior level management position.
- Submit all transcripts from all universities or colleges attended (if applicable)
- Submit a resume
- Submit three reference letters (one must be a proof of employment experience letter)
For more information about the admissions process or your eligibility, speak with an Enrolment Advisor at 888.368.0345.
If you are interested in continuing your studies in the Master of Public Safety program upon completion of a graduate diploma program, you are eligible to receive up to 4 transfer credits, with the exception of the GIS and Data Analytics Graduate Diploma Program where you can receive up to 2 transfer credits.
The Laurier Graduate Diploma in Border Strategies positions you for various leadership roles by providing an in-depth knowledge on the defence and management of Canada’s borders. Students will also develop a holistic understanding of public safety. If you’re ready to progress in your current career or looking to change directions while building on your experience, a Graduate Diploma in Border Strategies is an excellent way to gain the knowledge and credentials you’ll need to define your future.
To learn more about the program, download the curriculum guide.