Online Criminology & Policing Program for Calgary Residents
Earn a criminology degree in Calgary that combines an Honours Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Policing. You can pursue Laurier’s criminology program in Calgary without any prior experience in law enforcement. With this online degree from a school of criminology in Calgary, many career options are made available particularly for those planning to work toward a leadership position in criminology. Exciting career options await following completion of this criminology university degree in Calgary, qualifying you for positions as a housing officer, addictions counsellor, policy analyst, child protection worker, social work, victim’s advocate and more.
About Our Online Montreal Honours BA in Criminology/Policing Program
- How Long: approximately 4 years
- How Much: dependent on credit transfers from previous training
- Focuses: Criminology, Communication in Policing, Psychology and Law Enforcement, Social Science Research, Mental Health and Justice, Media and Crime, Civil Unrest
Three terms of the online Combined Bachelor of Arts in Criminology/Policing begin in fall, winter and spring, which uses a 12-week term format for Calgary residents. Residents of Calgary may enroll in a maximum of three courses per term, and our flexible registration allows up to 17 months of lapsed time after enrolment. Students who complete two to three courses per term can earn their degrees in three to four years.
Read More About Our Online Honours BA in Criminology/Policing
Our Online BA in Criminology/Policing Admissions Requirements
- No prior experience in law enforcement is needed
- Applicants must be permanent residents or citizens of Canada
- High school transfers: a secondary school diploma from within Canada with at least a mid-70s average, including university-level English at 60% or higher
- College transfers: 70% or higher overall average, with a minimum of 1 year completed in an academic college program
- University transfers: 67% or higher overall average, with a minimum of six months of study completed
- For high school, college, or university students with an international education background, all previous education must be assessed by World Education Services (WES)
After you apply, an admissions coordinator will evaluate your transcripts to provide an initial assessment. Your final assessment of transfer credits will be completed by the Admissions Committee once your file has been submitted for review.
Request More Information on Criminology Programs Calgary
The City of Calgary is located at the meeting of the Bow River and the Elbow River in southern Alberta, a province in Western Canada. It is surrounded by prairie and foothills and is situated approximately 80 kilometres (50 miles) from the eastern Rocky Mountains. Calgary is also located only 220 km north of the American border. Due to the city’s primary role in developing the oil and gas industry in the region, Calgary is the financial centre of the western Canadian provinces. The population of Calgary is 1,239,220 and the population of its region is 1,392,609.
Popular Sights in Calgary:
- Heritage Park Historical Village
- Calgary’s +15 Skywalk
- Minhas Brewery
- Fish Creek Provincial Park
- The Calgary Zoo
Our Online Programs
- Online BA in Policing
- Online BA in Criminology and Policing
- Online Public Safety Programs