- No prior experience in law enforcement is needed
- Applicants must be permanent residents or citizens of Canada
- High school transfers: a secondary school diploma from within Canada with at least a mid-70s average, including university-level English at 60% or higher
- College transfers: 70% or higher overall average, with a minimum of 1 year completed in an academic college program
- University transfers: 67% or higher overall average, with a minimum of six months of study completed
- For high school, college, or university students with an international education background, all previous education must be assessed by World Education Services (WES)
After you apply, an admissions coordinator will evaluate your transcripts to provide an initial assessment. Your final assessment of transfer credits will be completed by the Admissions Committee once your file has been submitted for review.
Get your digital program guide for more info about credit transfers
Why Choose Laurier’s Honours BA in Criminology and Policing?
- 100% online: coursework is accessible and convenient
- No prior law enforcement experience needed: an online criminology degree that prepares or furthers your career in law enforcement or public safety
- Real world knowledge: Learn from professionals with experience in the field
- Gain a broader view of public safety through a combined focus on criminology and policing
- With three starts per year and applications accepted year-round, you don’t have to wait to begin advancing your education
Hear more about the program from Professor Oliver Stoetzer:
Laurier has produced career-ready professionals for 110 years. As a result, you’ll enter a program with an established curriculum taught by faculty who have worked in the field.
Below is a sample list of courses you will be required to complete for the online combined Honours BA in Criminology and Policing program:
Get your digital program guide for more course info
- CC100: Introduction to Criminology (0.5 credit)
- PD200: Police Psychology (0.5 credit)
- CC/HS/PD312: Mental Health and Justice (0.5 credit)
- CC426/PD426: Qualitative Methodologies in Criminology (0.5 credit)
- CC210: Psychology of Crime (0.5 credit)
Career Outlook with a Bachelor's Degree in Criminology
The online combined BA in Criminology and Policing gives you a broader educational base to succeed in jobs related to crime, justice, and criminology. The program enables you to focus on specific areas of interest through curriculum electives.
Our graduates with an online bachelor degree in criminology have gone on to positions such as:
- Criminal Justice Faculty
- Crime Scene/Forensic Analyst
- Corrections Officer
- Private Investigator
- Customs Officer
- Probation Officer
- Animal Cruelty Investigator
- Youth Probation Officer
To see a full list of potential career options, get the curriculum guide, or call 888.368.0345.
Hear From Our Students
Laurier Online students come from all around the country, with different backgrounds, but they share the same goal: getting a high-quality education with an established curriculum, taught by faculty who have worked in the field. Learn more from some of the students who have invested in their future.
"The coursework is extremely applicable to real-world application, and this degree can assist with various career opportunities due to its versatility. Having faculty members passionate to support student success has assisted with my development greatly.
It’s easy to feel disconnected when you’re studying remotely; however, with great encouragement from faculty and my student support advisor I was able to better myself academically throughout the semester."